Friday, April 07, 2006

This is my first posting



Here goes......my very first posting. Gotta start somewhere I guess! I learned about how to do this during a phone call today with a very smart British Expat living in NZ - Helen Baxter. She's got tonnes of web experience, building on-line commmunities, etc (and a great accent!) - boy was I lucky to meet her - thanks Nici!!

Helen talked me through what was required to start a personal blog (and a work related one which i've also done this evening - it's called SmeeMarketing - SME marketing - gettit?!) She also told me about publishing photos on Flickr.com which i've tried to do but haven't had much luck. But i did somehow (not sure exactly) get the pic above up and running. That's me with my pin-on ponytail at Wendy's 40th in Taranaki. First time I had ever been to New Plymouth. Great fancy dress party (no-i don't wear lace stockings and a red feather boa every time i go out on a saturday nite!)

So - mission accomplished. I've published my first blog and my first picture. Seems unreal. I wonder if it will be there in the morning!!!

BTW - the reason I'm keen to learn about blogging is for work. People are expecting me to know. They'll be asking me about it as part of my job as a marketing trainer and business coach.

The other person in the photo

The other person in the photo is Rose The Rock, and no she doesn't usually go out on a saturday night in matching leopard spot gloves, scarf and drainpipe pants. But you must agree - she does look rather fetching!

1 Comments:

Blogger Helen Baxter said...

Well done Jo!

2:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home